Today I “officially” release a new version of Gnome-Pie! There are many new features since the program was made public three weeks ago.
The most important additions are:
- Keyboard control: It’s now possible to navigate throw your pies with the keyboard using the arrow keys. Additionally each slice of a pie can be activated with a hot key: The numbers 0-9 (and if that’s not sufficient the letters a-z) are assigned clockwise to each slice. So you only need to press the according key to activate the desired action! You can hold down the ALT key in order to show the hot key on each slice.
- Fake transparency: No ugly black background on not-composited desktops anymore!
- Launcher creation: You can drag’n'drop the pies from the configuration menu to your desktop in order to create a launcher which will open the according pie!
- Custom icons: The icons of slices and pies don’t have to be in your icon theme anymore, you can select arbitrary image files from your system now.
- Translation: Magnunleno was so kind to translate Gnome-Pie to Brazilian Portuguese. Thanks a lot!
- Hints: At the bottom of the pie list in the settings menu a slide-show of tips is displayed.
- Code improvements: Libappindicator has been removed as required dependency and libgnome-menus-3 can be used instead of libgnome-menus now.
- Bug fixes: And, of course, many minor bugs have been fixed.
Here are some impressions of the new version in action! Please send feedback and bug reports to code(at)simonschneegans.de or create an issue at github.com.